Here’s what I have so far on the triathlon event for Sunday, 09/08/2013 at Weatherby Lake (north of Kansas City; near Zona Rosa mall). Leigh and I are dropping off Maria at college that weekend and won’t be able to do much so I really need your help.
The triathlon people will be sending a more information as the event gets closer. Here’s what I have now:
The event is from 8-11 at C-Point. The first finisher will probably be done around 9 or 9:30.
JayHops should probably figure on getting there before 8A to setup.
C-Point will be closed off, but you will be able to park at the Pierce’s, which is the last house before C-Point. If you want to get your stuff down there before it’s closed, you’d have to do it before the event starts at 8. Otherwise, bring something rolly to wheel it down!
I will get you a parking pass for the Pierce’s driveway.
BLVD Brewing is once again giving us beer to hand out, along with cups and equipment. I’ve contacted them again today to get details for pick up and returning of the stuff.
Here’s what I need:
A point person to either pick up the beer and equipement or help me with arrangement
A point person to get the stuff beer, equipment, table,etc. to the event and transport it back
Probably at least 4-6 volunteers to set up, pour beer and break down on Sunday morning at C-point.
While we have this (in general-see below), I’m kind of getting spazzey with this coming down the pike.
I also got an email for directions to C-Point. Here are some Google map driving directions From Zona Rosa (I-29 and NW Barry Rd) to C-Point at Weatherby Lake (9800 NW 77th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64152).
- Head west on NW Barry Rd toward NW Winter Ave (1.3 miles)
- Turn left onto NW Eastside Dr (0.8 miles)
- Slight right onto NW 77 Terrace/NW 77th Terrace (0.2 miles)
- Turn left onto NW 77th Terrace (0.1 miles)
- Destination will be on the right
It’s the dock area where the sailing club is located at Weatherby Lake.
As I get more information, I’ll send it out. I’ll also post the information on the new website www.jayhops.org (go to “enter blog”) in case you’re on the road and need info quick. The new website can be added on your fancy pants smart phones.
Let me know if you can help. I have:
- Keith (man about town and Guitar Center god);
- Ronny (if his leg is looking as good as the rest of him);
- Triathlon seasoned pourer Neava (depending on work);
- Our club’s delicate flower Pamela, can probably get the stuff to and from the event but needs help from a few strapping young pool boy types to move it around;
- Phillip may be able to help with the start but needs to leave early-the theater calls!
- Larry can help before the event with equipment if needed
- Pancho and Leigh have a table and are getting the stuff from BLVD (may need help with this)